After months of wearing my bright pinks, tinted balms and colorful glosses, it’s time to switch out those shades for deeply pigmented reds, mauves and berries. It’s time to pull out all the lovely darker shades that are synonymous with the changing of the seasons. It’s time to round up and show off some of my favorite Autumn Lipsticks.
1. Nars Scarlet Empress – As I mentioned in my Fall Beauty wish list post, Nars Scarlet Empress was my favorite go-to lipstick last Fall and I see it being a favorite shade this year too. The description says it’s a semi-matte blue red, but I would describe it more as a buildable berry. It makes for a great transition lipstick, from wearing it to the office to building it up in darker layers for going out later that night. Either way, it’s a perfect lipstick for the Autumn season!
2. Mac Plumful – This is definitely a more demure shade of lipstick. It is perfect for those not looking to be too drastic, but still want a pop of color on their lips. It’s one of Mac’s Lustre Lipstick so it has a bit of soft sheen. It’s a very pinky berry shade that is totally wearable and great for the everyday.
3. Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm in Sultry – This lipstick is one of my favorite Fall finds year. I am always a bit hesitant when it comes to drugstore brands because you usually don’t have the ability to test them out in the store, but these had testers for all of the shades and I had a little too much fun swatching all of the shades on the back of my hand (I was covered in pinks, reds, plums and purples). I would describe this shade as a dusty rose in color. It’s beautifully pigmented and with all the shea, cocoa and mango butter in it, it does a good job of not drying out my lips. I also love that it doesn’t require a sharpener and I can just twist it up whenever it gets too low! A great shade of lipstick for Autumn.
4. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella – This is my perfect, all around, go-to red lipstick. It’s completely matte and has a bit of a creamy finish. These pencils are SO pigmented, but I’ve learned to expect nothing less from Nars. Sephora describes Cruella as a scarlet red and it’s definitely on point. As a redhead, I tend to shy away from red lipsticks, but this is among the two red shades that I love to wear throughout the Fall & Winter.
5. Mac Russian Red – This is my second favorite red lipstick. Mac’s Russian Red is a true red lipstick. The color is super pigmented and can take some getting used to, but once you do, you will think you were crazy for ever doubting its beautiful color. I like to wear this shade to Fall parties for a bold, ‘look at me’ lip.
6. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 107 – This is my newest obsession in lipstick loves. I know this has been a cult favorite for awhile, but it took me awhile to jump on the bandwagon and try it. This is the loveliest shade of berry/wine/deep plum and has a SUPER long wear time. I can eat, drink, put on lip balm, accidentally lick my lips and this lipstick is still carrying on like nothing happened. They are not joking when they say it has a lasting finish. It does fade after a good long while, but it fades to a cute light pink shade. It has a delicious berry scent associated with it and for only about $6, it’s a total steal. Seriously, go pick it up now!
Have any favorite Autumn Lipsticks of your own? Share them with me in the comments below!